Event is FINISHED
Behind the Bins: To the Landfill (part 3 of 3)
To the Landfill!
We are on to the final leg of our Behind the Bins series of learning trips. We end at the Semakau Landfill, which has been described as "a feat of engineering reclaimed from the sea".
With each trip, our understanding of the complex waste management system in Singapore is enhanced — we are starting to piece together constraints binding the entire industry and we are seeing clearly, how one of our little pens can expose what is awry in this society. (Read Huishan's blog on Waste in the City)
Date: Saturday, 20 February 2016
Time: 8.45am to 1.00pm: Trip to Semakau Landfill (including ferry ride)
1.00pm to 2.00pm: Optional lunch after with STP team @ Gardens by the Bay
Venue: Semakau Landfill (offshore island)
Meeting & drop off point: Marina South Pier (31 Marina Coastal Dr, 018988)
$15 Participation fee | Limited to 30 sign-ups only!
- The fee partially covers the cost of a chartered ferry to Pulau Semakau
- Minimum age of 13 years old & visitors below 21 years of age must get the consent of their parents or guardians;
- Please bring along your signed indemnity form (a soft copy will be emailed to you upon registration);
- Please note that participation fees are non-refundable.
Find out more about Semakau Landfill on NEA's website here.
Organised by Save That Pen
Supported by Young NTUC
- The event description was updated. Diff#141697 2016-01-15 06:36:55
Want to find more groups and events like this?